After Tai Ji Quan, Ba Gua Zhang is the most famous style of internal martial arts in China. Ba = 8, Gua = oracle sign, trigram, Zhang = palm, open hand; Ba Gua Zhang, therefore, means “martial art of the 8 trigrams”. As in Tai Ji Quan, inner energy is also generated and cultivated here and the use of raw strength is dispensed with. Ba Gua Zhang consists of 8 “small” forms and is practiced walking in a circle, with 8 steps completing the circle. Like the other internal arts, Ba Gua Zhang is also very beneficial for health, concentration, and physical and mental stamina.
Since it is very difficult or even impossible to learn authentic Ba Gua Zhang outside of China, the Wudang Academy offers. For the first time in Europe the opportunity to get to know this art under the guidance of Master Ziji.
Content of the seminar:
- Basic exercises and basic steps of Ba Gua Zhang
- 8 Ba Gua Palms
- Individual corrections and advice on daily training
Where is the seminar?
In our academy at Siebenbrunnenfeldgasse 12/1, 1050 Vienna – there are hotels nearby – please convince yourself of the accommodations.
What do I need?
Clothing that you can move in – comfortable training shoes with flat, light-colored soles.
- 03-04 October (weekend)
- Saturday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (4 hours)
- Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (6 hours)
- There are short breaks in between and a long lunch break on Sunday between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm.
350 euros (including 150 euros as a reservation fee, payable in advance)
Baguazhang – Seminar Registration