Brown sugar refers to the finished sugar of sugarcane with honey, which is formed by squeezing the juice and concentrating the sugar with honey. According to different crystal particles, brown sugar is divided into tablet sugar, brown sugar powder, bowl sugar, etc. Because it has not been highly refined, it contains almost all the ingredients in cane juice. In addition to the function of sugar, it also contains vitamins and trace elements such as iron, zinc, manganese, chromium, etc., which are much higher in nutrients than white sugar.
- Brown sugar is rich in nutrients, releases heat quickly, and has a high nutrient absorption rate. In addition to sucrose, it also contains a small amount of iron, calcium, cucurbitacin, and other substances.
- The calories of brown sugar are close to those of refined sugar.
- The calcium content in brown sugar is 10 times that of white sugar, and the iron content is 3.6 times that of white sugar.
- Women who have dysmenorrhea caused by cold and physical weakness or drink some brown sugar water after childbirth, which affects nourishing blood and promotes blood circulation. Brown sugar ginger soup is often used to dispel cold when suffering from cold and abdominal pain.
- Brown sugar has an excellent healing and nourishing effect on the frail elderly, especially those who have recovered from a serious illness.
- Brown sugar can treat vascular sclerosis to a certain extent, and it is not easy to induce dental diseases such as caries.